Dear Friend & Partner,
I am certain that you feel as I do that “Biblical Signs” of the soon return of Christ are all around us. Here are just a few…
- Military Signs…Russia invading Ukraine, Hamas-Israel war, ISIS slaughtering innocents, drug and race wars, religious wars…”wars and rumors of wars, nation rising against nation”(Matt.24:6,7) ;
- Misery Signs…the terrible and deadly ebola virus erupting in western Africa, refugees fleeing their homes, man–made chaos, earthquakes, flooding, famine (Matt.24:7) ;
- Moral Signs… marriage itself being redefined and family values attacked “..lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God” (2 Tim.3:4);
- Moslem Sign… Jesus said, “…a time is coming when someone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God…they will do such things because they have not known the Father or me” (John 16:2,3).
- Money Signs…economic issues, unbridled spending and debt are causing corporations and governments to crumble affecting the “way of life” for millions of people.
I have never known a time when this world is in such a desperate need for the Hope of the Gospel. We need to remember that Jesus said, ”When these things begin to come to pass, then look up and lift up your heads, for your redemption draws nigh” (Luke 21:28).
Please continue to remember us in prayer as we continue to try our best to proclaim Truth and Hope!
A WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT…
Coordinating again with the “My Hope with Billy Graham” project has been such a blessing and some of the Godly pastors I am meeting are such an inspiration. Recently, I worked with a NC pastor by the name of Patrick Womack from Hazelwood Presbyterian Church. After a couple of meetings together, I was surprised to find out that we have a history. Here is a portion of an email I received from him last week.
“ Jim, I learned something yesterday that amazed me. You preached in the town of Locust, North Carolina, in the 1970's. Many of the people who came to faith that week on the football field ended up later forming the nucleus of the church I pastored there from 1996-2010. I just happened to mention your name to a friend yesterday at a wedding and he lit up. Through the years that church has sent out a dozen or so missionaries and supported scores of others and established a Christian school that is healthy and growing. I thought perhaps that might encourage you. God bless you!”
That made my day! It is such an encouragement to hear a testimony like that, because we stake our lives/ ministries on the fact that the Gospel really "works" in our lives. Thank God, He not only saves us, He sustains us by His GRACE!
Thanks for your prayers and support as we continue to carry His grace to all who will receive it.
God bless you,